- Company Policy
- Quality Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Occupational Health & Safety Policy
- Responsible Jewellery Council Policy
- Social Responsibility Policy
- Anti-Bribery Policy
We, at ISGOLD Gold Refinery Istanbul, aim at combining our past knowledge and experience with present knowledge and technology with the great contribution of our expert staff and engineer team.
To achieve our company policy as perfectly fit for international standards, We shall:
- Refine the precious metals properly and effectively
- Produce high quality gold bars, silver, platinum and palladium
- Manufacture gold bullion bars taking the quality and time seriously into account
- Adopt Quality Policy and Environmental Policy as a main principle and make a move for all operations with an eye to these policies
- Assure in every sense taking customer satisfaction and relations as a prime concern
Within the scope of policies and strategies of our company, we strongly believe that in order to reach the main targets which will provide the best sustainable performance for our company, all the activities and operations related to main targets should be well understood and systematically conducted and all the thoughts belong to partners should be incorporated trustworthily into our system.
We, at ISGOLD Gold Refinery Istanbul, are committed to achieve ever-increasing levels of customer satisfaction through pioneer and continual improvements in the quality of our products & services.
To enhance customer satisfaction by applying our Quality Policy, We shall:
- Improve continuously the quality of our products and the process during the production of our products to gain customer satisfaction and trust
- Upgrade required methods or applications to minimise the possibility of any fault that may occur during the process of manufacturing our products
- Encourage graciously our employees to make them ready to take all responsibilities and enjoy their works, to consider improving operations with regard to their responsibilities and to take initiative for making decision with loyalty to company
- Implement perfectly required training and development procedure for our employees
- Commit continual improvement of our service quality and become a leading company of gold business industry
- Work properly with corresponding law and pay attention to rules of morality and human rights with care during our business operations, enhance awareness and minimise the possibility of environmental pollution due to our operations
- Make no compromises from necessity of our system in order to improve efficiency and activity of our quality system continuously
“Quality improvement is everlasting journey” is one of the prime principles of our company and reflects our Quality Policy that we strongly aim to adopt it in all departments of our company.
We, at ISGOLD Gold Refinery Istanbul, manufacturer of standard minted gold bars, gold refinery and authorised assayer are committed to preserve the environment, where we shall endeavour to adhere to this policy in all our business operations.
To be able to achieve our environmental policy, we shall:
- Reduce the sludge content to minimum level, reuse and/or recycle metals within the sludge if possible; if not, then dispose of sludge by using the most convenient method
- Conserve the natural resources, energy and raw materials to exploit efficiently
- Take global warming into first consideration and encourage our employees using our energy as efficient as possible in every operation
- Inform this policy to all employees and increase awareness of environmental responsibilities among employees
- Reduce the use of packaging, therefore, waste and make them recyclable as far as possible
- Enhance the preservation methods for our natural resources such as energy, water etc.
- Strive to make use of energy and natural resources efficiently
We, at ISGOLD Gold Refinery Istanbul, are committed to the health, safety and welfare at work of our employees, complying with applicable health and safety legal requirements and continual improvement of our health and safety control arrangement and performance.
To achieve Occupational Health & Safety Policy, We shall;
- Create or evolve such systems minimizing the risk or casualty in our facility or neighborhood
- Plan and maintain a safe and healthy working environment and necessary information, instruction, training and supervision to protect safety and health at work
- Enhance awareness, skill and competence of our employees while evolving steadily our health and safety systems
- Fulfil and comply with our legal obligation, any relevant environmental and ISG legislation in force and any affiliated organisation
- Take essential precautions to conserve the health of our employees and any people who may be affected from our operations and to control any possible incident, casualty or danger that may arise to our or any other person’s commodity or property in the very beginning of fault
Isgold Altin Rafinerisi A.S. carries out precious metals refining operations and gold bullion production in Turkey since 2011.
We have three sites located in Istanbul and employ 20 personnel.
Isgold Altin Rafinerisi A.S. is a Member of the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC).
The RJC is a standards-setting organisation that has been established to advance responsible ethical, human rights, social and environmental practices throughout the diamond, gold and platinum group metals jewellery supply chain.
The RJC has developed a benchmark standard for the jewellery supply chain and credible mechanisms for verifying responsible business practices through third party auditing.
As an RJC Member, we commit to operating our business in accordance with the RJC Code of Practices. We commit to integrating ethical, human rights, social and environmental considerations into our day-to-day operations, business planning activities and decision making processes.
We commit to understanding, monitoring and managing Social Responsibility Policy to our responsible business activities.
Not employing any forced or involuntary employer bound with contract.
Act according to the methods and principles of employing child and young employees and not to employing any employee under the age of 18. (more detail)
Not applying any corporate punishment and to not allowing any oral, physical and psychological harassment or forcing.
Salaries and Payments
Paying the minimum salary determined according to the department or otherwise by the laws.
Isgold believes that the employment is limited with the abilities and is not related to the beliefs and characters of the people. Therefore, to not considering the race, gender, religion or disability of the people and to not making any discrimination while creating employment.
Work Health and Safety
Adopting a proactive approach based on risk analysis, ensure participation of all employees to work health and safety practices and adopting a work system keeping the general health of the employees at the first place.
Preventing environmental pollution and reduce the pollution at its resource based on the environmental dimension and effect evaluation.
Evaluating the Social Compliance activities of the supplier companies, follow up the evaluation results with action plans and gradually improve the social compliance levels.
With this policy, the aim of Isgold Gold Refinery is to ensure that its approach to bribery and corruption is clearly identified, to protect the public opinion of the company and to comply with anti-bribery and anti-corruption regulations, ethical and professional principles and universal rules. With this policy, it is aimed to provide necessary information to prevent bribery and corruption in all company activities and to determine the responsibilities and rules in this regard.
The Anti-Bribery Policy covers not only the employees of the company, but also all of the business partners.
In this direction;
- All company employees,
- Employees and companies of Consulting, advocacy, etc.
- External service companies (suppliers, subcontractors, etc.) and their employees are also covered by this policy.
Bribery: Financial or moral benefit to a person or to another person, directly or indirectly, within the framework of an oral or written agreement, either directly or indirectly, in the means of providing. Benefit as a bribe; cash, gift, event invitation or ticket, debt forgiveness, charitable donations can be in many different ways.
Corruption: It refers to the abuse of the power that is acquired due to the position in question, either directly or indirectly, in order to provide personal material or moral benefit.
Bribery and corruption can be occured in many different ways, including:
»Political or other donations,
»Recruitment of relatives or friends
»Other interests countable.
4. Authority and Responsibilities
The Board of Directors is responsible for establishing, implementing and updating the Anti-Bribery Policy.
Administrators should consider the principles in this policy to ensure that they are understood, implemented and maintained by the business partners and employees under their management. All employees and business partners must comply with the principles in this policy. Employees and business partners cannot be compelled to act in violation of this policy by anyone and in any case. It is everyone’s responsibility to report any case of breach of anti-bribery and anti-corruption rules.
5.1. Bribery and Corruption
Isgold is against all kinds of bribery and corruption. No matter what the purpose of bribery is not acceptable. Through bribery or corruption, business relations with the third parties that want to do business with Isgold should not be maintained.
5.2 Gifts A gift is a product that does not require a material payment and is usually given a business or business courtesy. Any gifts offered or given to third parties by Isgold must be offered in good faith and unconditionally. The same principles apply in order for the gift to be accepted and no gifts other than symbolic gifts with high material value should not be accepted. In addition, even if this is the case, the acceptance of gifts should not be frequent, and the acceptor of the accepted gifts should be notified to the company’s HR and senior management via the first supervisor.
5.3 Facilitation Payments Facilitation payments are not offered for individuals and organizations within the scope of this Policy to secure or speed up a routine operation or process (such as obtaining licenses, obtaining documents, obtaining documents, etc.) with government agencies.
5.4 Donations Isgold can make donations and donations to people, non-governmental organizations, associations or foundations, universities, public institutions and organizations operating in the fields of education, culture, art, environment and sports with its social responsibility understanding.
6. Bribery and Corruption
All company employees are responsible for informing the manager of the situations they encounter or suspect about bribery. The following examples can be given regarding such cases. – Bribing you or your colleagues – Interest relations or conflicts of interest that you know or know about – Any irregularities you notice in company records – Providing benefits to any customer or supplier in violation of legal regulations – Any organization or person inside or outside the company to force you or your colleagues to act contrary to the policy text.
7. Sanctions Related to Misconduct and Attitudes
Anti-Bribery Policy should be adopted and implemented by employees. In the case of breach of Anti-Bribery Policy, it should be kept in mind that the sanctions against the termination of employment can be faced according to the internal regulations and the issue is regulated by important sanctions including imprisonment in many countries.
8. Training and Review
Informing all employees about bribery issues and ensuring that relevant parties receive training in order to assimilate the principles contained in this policy. The policy is reviewed at regular intervals to make the necessary updates and all changes are announced by announcement. The current version of these rules can be accessed continuously and easily through the company website.
9. Failure Record Keeping
Isgold accounting and registration system related issues; regulated by legal regulations. According to this;
»Reliable recording and preservation of all accounts, invoices and documents regarding to third parties (customers, suppliers, etc.) in a complete and accurate manner,
»No falsification of the accounting or similar business records related to any transaction and no distortion of the facts
Research & Development
Research and development (R&D) activities are highly essential and always prior consideration of our company that are being carried on successfully having in close connection with the most precious professors in the country taking their invaluable guidance, advice and reliance, and well-equipped engineer team in the company.
The necessary development related activities of new manufacturing systems and brand new products are maintained in our R&D facility. In order to be able to become a leading company in the gold business and medium-long term competitiveness potential of our company predominantly depend on the idea of closely tracing and adopting the cutting-edge technology with regard to the gold industry, the capability of integrating to self manufacturing systems and creating own technology if required. Our company has adopted these principles stated above in the field of research and development and has aimed to raise well-informed and well-experienced employees in the company.